Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Swimmin' In The Kitchen

This post is exactly what the title states!! I decided to relieve a busy Friday with movies, snacks, and McDonald's. In order to get this done I left Ryan with David. I returned home to find a stressed out David. Apparently, Ryan and Sadie were into everything. I told David that it was okay and that I would watch Ryan for the remainder of the night, but secretly I was snickering and saying, "Welcome to my world."
Before I get into the whole swimming in the kitchen part I should start at the beginning. Earlier that morning Ryan discovered the pantry. I noticed him going to it, opening it, and just sitting and staring at the contents inside it. He was intrigued! I moved him away several times, but he continued to do this. He wouldn't take anything out or touch things... he just stared. I finally figured that he was contemplating something. I didn't know what but I knew it was something BIG. Well, I came home from my outing and saw the pantry was open. At the time I was talking to David about his adventures with Ryan and Sadie, and then it happened...
I heard a soft slapping noise. I turned to see what Ryan had in his hands, only he didn't have anything. Apparently, he was done contemplating. He managed to pulled down a gallon water jug without a sound, open it, and pour almost all of it out onto the tile. He was having the time of his life just a slippin', slidin' and a splashin'!! He was soaking wet. It took two bath towels, a new diaper (since the other one was practically sagging to his knees), and a new onesie to clean up the mess. We sure learned our lesson in baby proofing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment